Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day 1 of 30 day shred

I'm just a little over 6 months postpartum of my second child, and I finally decided to bite the bullet and give Jillian Michaels' "30 Day Shred" workout another try*. Things might be a bit different this time as I won't be keeping track of how much weight I've lost (my scale is broken), and I'm still breastfeeding. I will be logging my progress by taking photos every week, and hopefully, based on how my clothes are fitting.
Now, don't get the wrong idea. I don't think I'm enormous. I think I look pretty decent for having just had my second child 6 months ago. But I haven't done any sort of physical exercise since the early months of this last pregnancy, and even then, it was only walking. I want to be fit and in the best shape I can be in before my next pregnancy (yes, there will be more children). That is my motivation.
So here are my before pictures. Day 1 of the shred:






Notes on today's workout: Started on level one. It was hard, and it hurt.
I'll be back tomorrow with my notes for day 2.
*I failed miserably after 2 weeks of my sad attempt at trying this same workout a couple years back.

2 comments:

  1. go you. i really like your perspective about wanting to "train" (in essence) for your next pregnancy. i don't know anything about carrying a baby for 9 months, but i do know it's not the easiest thing to put your body through, so it's a smart idea to get it nice and strong. looking hotter is an added benefit.

    it's also a good idea to post photos of your progress. helps keep you accountable. and you're pretty, so we all like looking at you. everybody wins here.


    i'm really curious:

    what specifically does jillian's workout consist of?

    is it just about physical activity, or does she incorporate diet tips?


    you're aware of how religious i have become with getting to the gym, but my diet is where i really struggle. basically the only diet i follow is: jami doesn't eat dairy because that makes her fart...and that's about it. you'll kick my ass i'm sure.

    well, good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all physical activity. I'm not interested in doing any kind of crazy diet thing. I might add a few more fruits and veggies, but I won't be cutting anything out of my diet. I'm following the "everything in moderation" rule.

    ReplyDelete